Thursday 22 November 2012

Day 18: Stitches and lace


There are few things more beautiful than lace. Lace is feminine and beautiful, and carries many meanings depending on its colour and structure. I quite like lace.

I've had this yardage of machine-made lace for a while. I had bought it for a cloth to set my work upon, during the days of my White Rabbit exhibit. It was kind of sneaky, and purposeful, since I would then would be able to use it again later. The result is now! I made a beautiful lace skirt. 


I only made an over skirt out of the lace. I'm the type of person who likes things that can be used in different ways. I like making plain skirts that can be main skirts, or over skirts that be paired with different skirts, or skirts that can act as petticoats if I wish. At the moment, this white lace skirt is paired with a black skirt underneath, but I can pair it with any number of my skirts. Practical, nes pas? I'm planning to make a few more skirts, and I'm toying with the idea of making some over-skirt bustle skirts to sell (vaguely unrelated to this, but I might make some of these for sale, too). 

Yay! A skirt for dressing up with! And see that fur in the background? I spy something that can transform into a fox...

No comments:

Post a Comment