Friday 9 November 2012

Day 5: In which we trudge through snow


Today, I woke up to six inches of pure white snow. There's something so perfect about snow that is left untouched. 

Have you ever seen Amelie? It's a French film, and it's superb in its beautiful wonder. In this film, she mentions life's little pleasures. Things like dipping your hand into a sack of grain, or things like that. Small things that bring a smile to your face, but no one understands why. 

For me, being the first person to walk on freshly fallen snow is so satisfying. It's like drinking Coca-Cola from a glass while there are still bubbles and fizz at the top, and the fizz tickles your nose. They're little things that are so wonderful, yet so simple. Sometimes it is the little things.

Before my day of trudging through snow (and smiling because of it), I packaged up the art work that I made for Pay It Forward 2012. What I made today? Why, I decorated envelopes, and at one point I will hopefully make someone's day. Now, I can't show the entire envelopes, because there are addresses written on them, and I believe in my personal privacy as well as the privacy of the people for whom these are intended. Also, you as the reader have absolutely no reason to need their addresses. 

These envelopes are decorated with characters that I've drawn before (like Wednesday, from the soon to come Knicker Misadventures) and characters that I only recently created (a girl in a fox mask/fox face, and a boy in a dog/wolf face... I heart them). I'm excited to draw more of these characters. Until then... You're welcome, postal system!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment