Tuesday 13 November 2012

Day 9: Suns were captured


Ahhh good days with hot chocolate, a good book, and meeting up with an old friend. This particular lovely meeting led to a trip to a beading shop in Kensington, where we gathered up materials to make projects. I was struck with the inspiration to make a pair of earrings for myself.

I realized that I have the combination of skills and ability, so I may as well just make my own earrings! I'm moving into a stage of my life where I like dangly earrings, since they're just so pretty and eye-catching. I made these beauties, and I like them because of the beads, and they also have BELLS. I don't know what these beads are called, but they look like they're glowing. Actually, they kind of look like they have suns with winter sundogs caught in them... which I think is absolutely beautiful. They're a nice sea foam green (is that the name for this colour? According to a marker at an art store, it's 'light greenish blue', but that seems a little vague...). They also have little nautical stars on them. Yay! Pretty shiny things that cost me under $5!

2 comments:

  1. I used to work at that bead store! <3 Also, I made earrings eerily similar to the ones you just made, but in a dark purple pink, and more dangly things.
    Nice colour choice.

    ReplyDelete