Monday 3 March 2014

Day 101 & 102: Stuff

I haven't been terribly productive. I did get some printing stuff done yesterday, but you can read about that on my Grimm Fabrications blog. But, to not repeat that, I'll just discuss the highlights of yesterday and today.

Yesterday. Trip to Flea Market, where a friend of ours just gave me a plastic alligator toy. I was willing to pay the $1, but I guess it wasn't going anywhere. Awfully nice of him. I'm not sure why it appealed to me so much. It made me think of this stegosaurus that I had as a child... and I could picture it on my oddities shelf. Surprise surprise! It fits perfectly and is right at home. The date stamped on its belly is 1979, so it's fairly old. But man. Is it delighted to be alive!


He's just so happy!

Later, we went to an Oscars party in the evening. The Great Gatsby won all of its nominations! Excites me to no end. It's seriously one of my favourite movies ever. Such adoration for that film. Unfortunately, Leonardo Di Caprio didn't win best actor... yet again. I just hope he wins an award some day. Any ways, I digress...



Today we had a critique for our directed studio, and it was the first time for a couple of weeks that we saw our instructor. He's been away in Japan. It was so nice of him- he brought us souvenirs! He brought us a plate full of sushi made of silk. They were really quite lovely, and looked good enough to eat. Each of us got to choose one to keep. I gave mine to Bijou, my furry beast creature. Now he has a snack while he's hanging out between a Jesus candle and a palm sized print of the Blue Boy.

Now... onto research and note taking. Just for a little bit, though. Then bed time. Hilariously, we've had two naps in the past three hours. Just so sleepy... and I'm still sleepy. Looks like I'm in need of rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment