Monday 10 March 2014

Day 108: DIY and stuff

I did some more work on my Grimm Fabrications jacket. This is how it looked post bleaching, post washing and post drying.


Later, I sewed on a patch. I made a bunch of patches when I silkscreen printing, and I sewed one of them on to the back of the jacket. I used a fawn moon design patches. Hand sewing it onto the jacket took a while, and the needle hurt my fingers. I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to embroider with a sewing needle. Good thing I reminded myself. I don't want to those calluses to go away... Right? 


I'm thinking about incorporating this jacket into a performance piece that I'm thinking about doing. I don't know if I'm brave enough, because it would end with me either in a bra or topless for a little while, before donning the jacket. Fortunately it would just be within my class, and I'm more or less comfortable with everyone. Still, though. I just feel like it's something I need to do. I think that having this jacket would be a good way to end it. I just need to think about it a bit more, and ensure that I can talk fully about it. We'll see... If I do it, there probably won't be any documentation, so I'm not sure why I'm rambling about it on here in the first place.

What else did I do... Well, I went for a walk. That was nice. The world was melting, and it was threatening to rain... or it was raining somewhere. Beautiful, stormy looking clouds. I stomped and splashed through some puddles. After all... who needs clean shoes and dry socks? Not I. Not all the time, at least. I guess that this leads me to my 100 Happy Days for today. Day 5. View through my sunglasses when the world is melting and it's threatening to rain. 


Sometimes I do like grey days. In fact, when I do, I like them a lot. Oh, beautiful stormy clouds, you beckon to me. Though it's not as nice in the city, I'll take what I can get.

Last but not least... I did another exciting page in my Wreck This Journal. The page demanded that I cover the page in tape, and form some kind of pattern. I carefully wove it, which was not easy, but the best things often aren't. 


Mind you, if I were really diligent, I would have looked up a weaving pattern, cut the tape into thin strips, and woven a complex pattern. I strongly considered attempting a hounds tooth pattern, but instead I decided to just do a more arbitrary pattern of whatever-the-heck-I-felt-like. Much more satisfying, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment